Synergy Multi-Academy Trust comprises ten Norfolk schools serving children between the ages of 2 and 18. Our schools work collaboratively together to raise standards and provide education of the highest possible standard, offering the best of opportunities for pupils. The Trust was initially established in 2015. We believe that all of our schools have strengths and areas to develop, and that all can improve through sharing expertise and wisdom. The Trust understands that there will be excellent practice in each school, and that every school will be able to contribute to the development of the Trust as a whole.
We redesigned our curriculum and launched ACE in January 2020.
We implemented this until March 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic occurred and then delivered successful remote education as well as quality provision for those in school. From January to March we put a huge number of things in place as outlined in our ACE Implementation Plan as part of our SIDP 19-20. The main focus of this was to empower and develop our Curriculum Leaders to ensure that the ACE offer is broad, balanced, rich and progressive.
Our vision remains ACE – to provide an ASTLEY CURRICULUM EXPERIENCE that is inclusive, enriching and enables progression to be a kind and respectful lifelong learner, and we are now incorporating a RECOVERY element which ensures that all Astley children can access learning in a fully inclusive and enriching way – we are currently working on our ACER (ACE Recovery) curriculum.
Each Curriculum Leader has an ACE book which showcases their subject and shows evidence of intent, implementation and impact and ACE Focus Days enrich each curriculum area.
Our ACE Next Steps (as outlined in SIDP 20-21):
- Monitor the implementation of the ACER curriculum through the triangulation of teaching and learning.
- Ensure the high quality of our blended learning offer and provision of remote education.
- Gaps in knowledge, skills and progress are identified and addressed and planned for using the Catch-Up Premium.
- Meet with Curriculum Leaders to monitor intent, implementation and impact.
- Ongoing feedback and monitoring of the ACE curriculum, taking into account the views of the whole school community.